Thursday, March 28, 2013

Almost Done!

March 21st - What's your biggest fear?

Mice, centipedes, cancer, heart attacks. In order of importance. Wait, no, switch those first two.

March 22nd - What do you do when you are home all alone?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question? Home alone? I don't know if this has ever actually happened, but I can imagine that I would wander around aimlessly, hearing tiny voices in my head asking me what they could eat.

March 23rd - Do you have a hobby?

Yes! I knit and quilt. Those are my main hobbies, but I also attempt to garden and I enjoy reading when I have the time.

March 24th - Describe your most embarrassing moment
Boy, oh boy, do I have a plethora of embarrassing moments to choose from. There was the time Dan and I were out celebrating our anniversary and I slipped away to use the restroom and promptly walked into the men's bathroom where a gentleman was um . . . how shall we say it . . . finishing up? I shrieked and apologized and then had to walk right past his table on my way out of the woman's restroom. That sad fact is I have walked into many men's restrooms on accident, only to figure it out when I spied the urinals. Once I didn't see the urinal until I was finished. My husband does not understand how this keeps happening.

Then there was the time I jumped on top of my brother-in-law, lounging on a hotel room bed, after mistaking him for my husband. Although he claims that is his most embarrassing moment.

And also there was the time I met the CEO of my husband's rather large corporation at Soldier Field in Chicago, minutes before a Chicago (the band) concert and he asked me if I was a fan and I was thinking football, so I said, "No, we are Green Bay fans." and he looked at me like I was an idiot.

Oh, and a few weeks ago a kid from Awana asked me if he could cross the street with me, and unbeknownst to me, his mom was right behind him and had told him to wait. I said, "Sure!" and then he promptly bolted out past me and almost got hit by a car. Although, I argue that was the kid's fault, not mine, but I was still embarrassed.

I have a lot of these stories, but luckily I forget most of them after a few days, because if I didn't, I could fill an entire blog of embarrassing Donette moments. 

March 25th - Describe your location.

Slightly in the country, wooded lot that keeps the family and I absorbed in nature. We love it.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Your embarrassing moments made me laugh. I'm so glad I read this because I'm posting on embarrassing moments next on my blog, and you helped me remember a few of my own. :-)

sara said...

Your embarrassing moments are hilarious! :)

OK, I was going to blog a tutorial about that last painting on my blog, but knew that will never happen- so I'll just tell you- it is just watercolor. You paint a block and then dab it with kleenex or paper towel- the dabbing is what gives it the pattern. FUN! :)