Saturday, February 16, 2008

Tagged

My friend Karen tagged me to write 3 sentences from page 123 from the book nearest to me. Right now I sit next to Dan's Bible and C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity, and I think I'll do the book, since pg. 123 in the Bible falls in Numbers, in a very wordy passage!

So from Lewis:
1. "Nearly all those evils in the world which people put down to greed or selfishness are really far more the result of Pride."
2. "Pride is competitive by its very nature: that is why it goes on and on."
3. "If I am a proud man, then, as long as there is one man in the whole world more powerful, or richer, or cleverer than I, he is my rival and enemy."

Now I tag Crazy Mom, Rachel and Tina to do the same. Have fun!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Haven't read Mere Christianity for years and years. I think that must go on my "to read" list!

Wasn't that fun?