Friday, January 26, 2007

Happy Birthday, Elijah!




Exactly 3 years ago, my little man was born. After 17 hours of labor, 2 epidurals and finally a C-Section, all 10 ½ lbs. of him entered our world! I cannot believe how fast 3 years has gone, and I mean that. Yes, I know everyone says it, and I’m sure I’ve said it before, but NEVER before have 3 years gone so fast! And the changes that have transpired in that time! It is no trite expression to say that each life is truly a miracle.

We haven’t made a big deal about today being his birthday, since we celebrated with both of his grandparents last weekend. In his mind, he has been 3 for a few days now. We won’t be able to do this for many years before he catches on, but I am trying to avoid the predicament that Dan’s relatives have with their son who is convinced he is 2 years older because of multiple birthday parties in one year. Anyhow, it worked for this birthday.

He is such a big, little man these days. Still loves to cuddle and needs to be carried down the stairs after a nap, but fiercely independent in choosing his underwear every morning and in other such important areas. He has finally learned to put on his own shoes, which helps us out immensely! He loves to play cars and trucks and “little tractors” as well as pretend to be Superman. He is an amazing big brother. Sometimes I can’t believe he is actually part of me. Sometimes I can’t imagine loving him anymore than I already do.

Happy 3rd Birthday, buddy! I love you tons!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

super cute kid! Happy birthday, buddy! I don't know...your mom probably wouldn't like it if you tried to be 5 already....and 3 is a cool age!

Gretchen said...

Happy Birthday Elijah! You sound like you are a great kid and a big helper to mommy!

Donette, I love the voice in which you write about your children. It never sounds like you resent them, but that you truly treasure the blessing they are to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Elijah!

You had quite a delivery with him! It's good that God allows us to forget the birthing pains and focus on our precious child.

It seems that time goes even faster when the kids are school-age. My boys will be 7 and 10 this year. Time surely does fly!

mitchells2000 said...

What an adorable boy! :-)

Unknown said...

Aw he's adorable Donette!! :) I never knew he was such a big baby! Yeesh. Happy late 3rd birthday to Elijah!

He was born the same day as my oldest brother! Aidan's 8th birthday is tomorrow...lots of January birthdays. I can't believe how fast time flies by.

PinkAngel said...

Isn't it incredible, Donette??? Brayden turned three December 22nd. Andy and I are still in shock that he's already this old! It scares me that he'll be starting school in just three more years! Happy Birthday, Elijah!