Saturday, July 19, 2008

"It Smells Like Nothing"

A sad thing happened today. Elijah was trying to describe the scent of car wax to me and said, "It smells like nothing." Cute, to be sure, but sad because he has never, in his 4 1/2 years on earth, said the word "nothing." He has always said "anything." Like after I ask him what is wrong, he pouts and says, "Anything." And when I ask him who taught him something, his answer would be "anyone." I'm sad he figured out the correct grammar.

So, before he gives up all his cute words, I decided to post my favorite mis-pronunciations of my guy.

1. "Sank you" instead of "thank you"
2. "Lose" instead of "use"
3. "Wecause" instead of "because"

Unfortunately, that is all I can think of now, but as he learns to speak more clearly, I am sure I will think of more! And soon I'll be able to post about Alli's cute sayings!

2 comments:

KR said...

We were just talking about some of the girls words the other day which usually brings up siblings words too! "Bacnon" and eggs was always a family favorite!

Anonymous said...

Those are precious memories. Tonight we had spaghetti, or as B used to say, "besketti."