Tuesday, May 27, 2008

5 Things

Five Things About Me Meme
Morning Rose tagged me to do a Five Things About Me Meme.


The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
Each player answers the questions about themselves.
At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.


What were you doing five years ago?

1. I was finishing up my first year of teaching 4th through 6th grade at a private Christian school.
2. Dan and I went to Maui on our first exotic vacation!
3. I was pregnant with Elijah.
4. We travelled to Washington state to attend Dan's brother's wedding.
5. I was enjoying my first summer vacation not working! (I have stayed home since ending that school year)



What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?

1. Finish laundry
2. Research sewing machines
3. Try to get the house back to normal after a crazy weekend with houseguests and cookouts
4. Finish watching "Becoming Jane"
5. Did I mention all the laundry?

What are five snacks you enjoy?

1. anything chocolate
2. cheese and crackers
3. ice cream
4. fresh strawberries
5. chips and dip

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?

1. Give most of it away - it would consume me.
2. Redo our kitchen and basement, or . . .
3. Move to a home on the lake.
4. Travel, especially to foreign countries where we know missionaries.
5. Invest and live off of the interest (okay, that's Dan talking)

What are five of your bad habits?

1. Worrying
2. Being critical
3. Being obsessive compulsive about things
4. Wasting time
5. Picking at scabs. Disgusting. I know.

What are five jobs you’ve had?
1. Shoe salesman at Sears
2. Telecounselor for MBBC
3. Pharmacy tech
4. Manager of health and fitness club (anyone who knows me will find this very ironic.)
5. Teacher

What five people do you want to tag?
1. Sarah
2. Gretchen
3. Karen
4. Tina
5. Elizabeth

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along! I'm finding it interesting to see how much has changed in five years.

Name: Karen said...

Okay. I'll be posting in a few.....Fun! I love these things!

Name: Karen said...

I've replied! It was fun. I tried and tried to think of things to write that were different than some of yours (because I had the same answer) but just left some of them...b/c it's hopeless, we were twins separate at birth. I just know it.

Tina said...

Donette,
I actually did similar version of this meme on my blog a few months ago. If you are dying to know what my bad habits are, it is the April 3 post!

PinkAngel said...

when were you a manager of a health and fitness club? and why don't you have me listed on your friends blogs? :)

Donette said...

Hey Pink Angel! I don't think I knew you had a blog! I knew you were on MySpace, but I will definately add you to my blogroll!

As for the health and fitness club, that was back in 2002-2003 in L.M., first part-time, then stepped into the manager's position. Then the call came in to teach at S.P., so I abandoned my health revolution and started snacking on teacher's lounge food! :)

PinkAngel said...

well, good for you! lounge food is the best! :) And i was just teasing you about the friend thing...but thanks for adding me! :)

Sarah said...

OK Donette, I did it. My life was as boring back then as it is now. :-) Thanks for picking me though--I feel like I am in jr.high again when I do these things for some reason---maybe it reminds me of "MASH". Do you remember that? :-)

Crazy Mom said...

OK, I finally got around to doing it! :)