Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

I woke up to a glorious Mother's Day. I was fast asleep when I faintly heard the fan being shut off. It was odd, because I didn't even know Dan was up. Then a small voice whispered in my ear, "Happy Mother's Day." I didn't open my eyes right away, I was still a bit disoriented from being woken from my REM sleep. So after a short moment passed, again I heard, a bit louder this time, "Happy Mother's Day!" I opened my eyes to see Dan, Elijah and Allison, all standing there with breakfast and my coffee on a tray and bearing a present. What a great way to be greeted!

After we all cuddled in bed for a few minutes, and I had eaten my breakfast, I opened my present. It was an iPod! I was so excited! I never thought I would use an iPod, but I bought Dan one for Christmas, and since then have been very jealous. I have never asked for one, but I have asked Dan to purchase songs from iTunes and I have been known to steal it from him. It is nice to go on trips and listen to our whole catalog of music without bringing a ton of CDs. We are hoping to get a docking station so that I can listen to it while I work around the house, but until then, I will use it whenever I can!

I have already been online getting acquainted with iTunes. Dan presented the gift with a gift card for iTunes, so I have already started spending! I love being able to purchase just one song that reminds me of a special memory. It keeps me from having to buy a complete CD that, upon further inspection, isn't a great investment. iTunes also gives a free 30-second sample to make sure it is the version you want. Isn't technology great?!?!

In the future, after I have had some more time to utilize it, I will post what I've been listening to. Until then, I hope you all had a great Mother's Day, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great Mother's Day surprise! Spending time with family is always a delight and receiving gifts makes it extra special. An iPod sounds like fun! I'll have to put that on my wish list. :)

Name: Karen said...

Isn't it great? I've been using iTunes for 3 years and only just got an iPod about 8 months ago. I love iTunes and my iPod. No more bulky cd's to carry around and cases to get cracked or scratched. However, we haven't purchased a sound dock. Blair gave me one for Christmas but we returned it after using it for a week or so--poor sound quality. So if you have found one you like...post please!

What a special day you had!

shudson said...

I got my docking station at Kohls the day after Thanksgiving for like $45. We use it all the time. I also use an am/fm transmitter (griffin) in the car so it plays through the radio instead of ear buds. We listen to sermons a lot, too. In fact, Brandon might listen to more sermons than music! :) We also found an album of 100 kids songs for $9.99 for Madison. And if it's video, don't forget to download a movie or show for yourself and/or the kids when you're in a situation that requires a wait. Enjoy your new toy!!