Friday, May 25, 2007

Louisville, Here I Come!

Just a quick note to ask you to pray for me this weekend. I am attending the New Attitudes Conference hosted by Sovereign Grace Ministries in Louisville, KY. I am going with my good friend Laura and leaving Dan and the kids at home. Normally, I don't think I would be bothered by this, but I am just getting them back from my parents after a week away, and I'm not sure I'm ready to leave again!

Even so, I am looking forward to hearing the speakers, including CJ Mahaney, John Piper, Al Mohler, Mark Dever and Joshua Harris. It's not very often that we lay people get to hear such a line up!

Pray that my heart is open and I don't get caught up in the excitement of it all. I am easily distracted and I want to be quiet and contemplative. This is the first time I have been able to take an extended break and really have time alone with God. Pray that I don't squander the time. And if it isn't too selfish, pray that we are wise traveling, what with traffic and all, and the fact that we will probably be talking a lot!

AND, I get to see Gretchen! Can the weekend get any more exciting?!?!?!

7 comments:

mitchells2000 said...

You could see me, too! :-) I won't be at the conference, but I do live just on the other side of the river from Louisville. You can e-mail me at crhbmitchellfam@juno.com if you want to get together. If that doesn't work, have a great time. I know you'll love it, and I'm sure you'll have a great time with Gretchen as well.

Name: Karen said...

Oh, you lucky girl! Gretchen and Sovereign Grace Ministries. You are in for a weekend of spritual food, thick and rich!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing about your weekend of spiritual refreshment. We took a quick weekend getaway, a time to reflect and take a break from our everyday lives. It was fun to see some old friends too. :)

Gretchen said...

Nett -- you sweetie! It was SOOOOOooo good to see you, too! Josh and I want to go to that conference next year! You'll have to post on all you learned . . . so bummed to miss Piper! :( I hope you and Laura have tasted the honey that drips from the sweetness of Jesus!

Gretchen said...

Nettie -- hey, I have to tell you that Mark Dever and CJ Mahaney came into the bookstore with Dr. Mohler today after the conference was over. They were in there forever, talking to us and making us laugh hysterically! It was the best! I asked CJ if he'd seen the "Girl Talk" display I'd made of his wife/daughter's books, and he said he had noticed that. I told him to tell her that we keep selling Feminine Appeal, and that we just can't seem to keep it in stock, and he said he'd tell her right away when she picked him up from the airport.

YEA!!! What a bright spot in my day! Did he end up closing out the final session?? I shipped all his books home for him (they all bought a TON).

Donette said...

Gret, I am so jealous! How is it that you get to meet all the speakers and you didn't even come to the conference?

I did get to meet Mark and Josh Harris, but not CJ or Al. I guess if I want to routinely run into the best preachers of our day, I am going to have to come and work with you!

BTW, it was SOOOOOO good to see you again. I felt like we were back in college in our dorm room! I hope that we will come again next year (and bring Dan) and then you and Josh can join us at the conference!

Donette said...

Heather, thanks for the offer! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to take you up on it! We actually had to skip a session to see Gret, so I don't know if it would have worked out anyway, but if we come to Louisville again, I will call you!