Friday, February 23, 2007

Who Can Save the World?



We bought Elijah a Superman costume for Christmas (purchased on clearance just days after Halloween) and he loves to dress up in it and requires that we call him "Superman" while he is wearing the costume.

So this morning, I was helping him put it on and when I finished I said, "Alright, Superman, go and save the world!"

He replied, "Superman can't save the world." To which I answered, "You are right. But do you know who can save the world? God can!"

The little heretic replied, "God can't save the world, only Buzz Lightyear can."

Thank-you Disney . . .




5 comments:

Burman Batch said...

That is so funny!!

mitchells2000 said...

Hilarious!!!!

amy said...

I love it!! One time I was trying to consol a frightened little Austen before bedtime. I said, "You know Jesus is with you all the time, you don't need to be afraid, Austen!" He said, "Jesus?! He scares me!" Out of the mouths of babes. . . You try to teach them right and they just don't get it! AMY

Rachel said...

Donette, that's so funny. I laughed out loud! Super heros are definitely a "boy thing". Matthew was thrilled recently to see the Incredibles & realize that his super power is (what else) running really fast :O)

Sarah said...

Donette, perhaps you can get in on the "Disney industry" and create some sort of Biblical superhero...you know, go all out with the costumes, plots, etc. Then your child can feel fulfilled in the superhero category AND be spiritual at the same time! And think of the millions you could make "for Jesus"! :-)