This tagging thing keeps me up on my posts! I was tagged by Hindto to give 5 interesting things about myself. This doesn't come easily, since I don't find myself very interesting, but here goes:
1. I have hundreds of ideas for starting my own business. I have always loved the idea of owning a bookstore, but I would only stock books that I agree with, so the market better like my ideas! I also would love to run a coffee shop, especially in cooperation with my sis-in-law, Noelle. She would decorate and teach me the way of the barista, and I would buy books for our customers to read while they sip our delicious coffee. I sell Mary Kay, so that is one of my business ventures, and I have often thought about getting my cosmetology degree, just so I could cut my family's hair and any friends who trust me!
2. I used to laugh when Dan would suggest me working with him (he owns his own business) and tell him that I would rather stay married to him! Now I feel a little differently. After 4 months of him working by himself with no team members, I decided I could do it. Unfortunately, I was at home with a newborn and 2 year old when I had this revelation, so there was no way I could do it! However, if the need ever arises again, I know that I will be more willing to pitch in and help. And who would make a better team member than your spouse? I pretty much always know what he is thinking already! :)
3. In high school, I remember saying that I would never have children because I was scared of the pain (who isn't?) and that I just couldn't imagine myself as a mother. I was more of a feminist than I was willing to admit. One of my best friends, Amber, told me that she couldn't imagine me not being a mother, since I was already so motherly! Trust me, this wasn't a complement to a 17 year old girl! But since having children, I can't imagine life any other way. I love being a mother! I'm so glad I was wrong!
4. All through my childhood and even into college I doubted my salvation. It wasn't until I started identifying signs of the Spirit's work in my life that that issue was resolved. I'm so glad that I know now not to just look at the date in the flyleaf of my Bible and trust a prayer! By the way, this opens a can of worms as to whether or not I was saved as a child, or until I was an adult. Who knows? Only God, and He is at work in my life now, so that is all that matters!
5. Ok, those of you who really know me probably already know this, but for my new readers . . . I tend to be obsessive-compulsive about neatness. So much so that my mom used to purposely move something on my dresser just to see if I would notice - and I always did! Some of my friends even refer to me as "Monica," and if you ever watched the TV show "Friends" you will know what they mean! I struggle not to let this tendency become a sin in my life, and I know it has. When I am more concerned about my house being in my idea of order than in loving and caring for others, I know this is sin. And when I lose my patience when my mom is here and doesn't put things back where they go, I am sinning. Yes, mom, I realize it and am working on it!
So there you have it, the only 5 things that I could come up with this morning! Hope you learned something new about me from this post!