Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Baby Turns 6

Seriously, if I talk about this too much, I may cry. Here he is, all 10.5 lbs of him, just a few days after his birth.
Elijah, you were such a perfect baby (except for all that nursing trouble you gave me!) You were content and loved to cuddle, slept most naps in my arms and generally made me into a new person who never knew she could love so much.
Now you are 6 years old. You are smart and sweet and tender. You still need to cuddle (even though you wipe off most of my kisses.) You are creative and a problem-solver and I don't think your mind ever shuts off. You wouldn't know what to do with yourself if it wasn't for Legos and I think that's awesome.You are still a little shy about new experiences, but you have big plans for when you are older. Just don't be so eager about getting older. You'll know what I mean someday. Enjoy where you are right now and keep trusting God with your whole heart. He's got great things for planned for you!

We love you, buddy. You have made our lives so joyful, we thank God for you!


5 comments:

Linda C said...

Precious boy and beautiful words Mom:)

Happy Birthday Elijah!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, Elijah! You are a sweet little boy!

sarah said...

Happy Birthday Elijah! From Josiah-He thinks you are the GREATEST and so do I!

Missy said...

AWWW! Happy Birthday!!!

sara said...

Awwwww- happy b-day!