Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Year, Same Resolutions

We've had a wonderful few weeks of celebrating Christmas with both our families, although that always involves a bit of travel. I'm winding down and looking forward to a few weeks with nothing big planned, and a chance to really think about my goals for the new year. Here are a few that I've come up with so far:

1. Resolved to stay in touch with my siblings more often - even if just through Facebook.
(side note to Erik and Kevin - the phone connection works both ways!)

2. Resolved to read through the Bible in one year - Dan helped me with this resolution by suggesting we do it together. I don't know if that will make it easier or more difficult. We see each other (awake, that is) only a few hours a day.

3. Resolved to sew for fun, but to not let it take over my life and finances! Along with that resolution comes mine and Dan's desire to add a bit more color into our lives.

4. And the biggest resolution I have made is to strive to find the balance between serving in the body of Christ and knowing when to step back before I get so stressed that I have heart palpitations! That's an on-going struggle that I don't expect to fully solve - it's going to be a constant battle, but one that I'm hopefully more prepared for.

Well, that's my list so far. I'm sure I should add exercise and less sugar consumption, but I'm afraid if I write it down, someone will actually keep me accountable for it.

Stay tuned for my last installment of "Handmade Christmas" and some of my favorites of 2008!
Happy New Year Everyone!

4 comments:

sara said...

Do you seriously get heart palpitations?!? I thought I was the only one :) After Christmas my heart was acting really weird....

Anyway, good post! Happy New year.

Linda C said...

Happy New Year to you too, Donette!

Glad to hear you had a good time with family. And hopefully are now home safely. It's always so nice to get home again:)

We were so blessed to have all our kids home for an extended time. I'll be sharing about that soon:)

Would love to see you sometime- hope winter gives us a break soon!

Only two months and the time changes on March 8th!! I'm not anxious for spring or anything:))

~Linda C

KR said...

I know phones work both ways but I barely have time to call home, however that being said, I resolve to be more communicative this year!

Missy said...

Whew! I dropped off the blogosphere for a while, and am just now catching up on the blogs that I normally read. Happy New Year to you, too!