Monday, September 10, 2007

A Trip to Cabellas


My parents were here for an extended visit last week and we tried to cram in as many activities as possible! We visited the zoo and then decided to take an evening trip to Cabellas. We can spend hours in this store looking at all the sporting goods and the beautiful animals. Here are just a few of the snapshots we took:

Alli really enjoyed looking at all the animals, although she acted a bit reserved when we got too close.
Even Alli found something to buy! We had to strategically divert her attention while we put the hat back on the shelf, she loved it so much.

Elijah is ready for an overnight backpacking trip, even if he won't be able to lift this thing fully-loaded!


We tried to pose with the friendly bear, but you all know how hard it is to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time. Dan is missing because he took the picture!





6 comments:

Jana said...

Your parents look just as good as ever. Remember our weekend trips to your home? What fun! Miss ya!
I am going to your area this weekend. September 14-17. Would love to see you if you are free!

Donette said...

Jana, email me at my junkmail account - newsboysfan at hotmail dot com and I can email you my phone number. Dan and I have plans on Friday evening, but we might be able to work something out for Saturday or Sunday.

I'm sure my parents will love your comment! They feel so old these days!

PinkAngel said...

Your parents look great - haven't seen them in such a long time! Cute pix!

Anonymous said...

Donette - I happened to notice that Sally Lloyd-Jones left a comment on your blog (in the post before this one). How exciting to hear from the author of the Jesus Storybook Bible!

Name: Karen said...

Hey Donette! How is the reading going on Uncle Tom's Cabin. Since we are studying the 1800's this year...I was thinking about reading this. Any comments on the book?

Donette said...

MR, Gretchen got a comment from Sally Lloyd-Jones, too! I guess she blog surfs to see what people are saying about the book. It is so cool that she commented!

Karen, I'm still reading, slowly but surely. It is good, but kind of a slow read, especially since I am reading 2 other books right now! UTC is my "before bed book" and I only get through about 3 to 4 chapters a week. I am enjoying it, although the writer's style is a bit old-fashioned (imagine that!) and it doesn't read as quick as some novels. Such a great message, though, and totally worth it to read. Your kids might enjoy it more if you read it aloud to them, since a lot of it is written in the African American dialect. Let me know if you read it!