Monday, August 22, 2011

Energy Balls



I've been looking for snacks and treats that are easy to make and relatively low in sugar to give the kids since they seem to be ravenously hungry 99% of their awake hours. Somehow, last night, the memory of these quick bite no-bake cookies came to my mind and I decided to look up the recipe and make them. They are a perfect recipe to have your kids "help" you make.

Quick Energy Pick-Me-Ups

3-4 crushed graham crackers
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. instant non-fat dry milk
3 Tbsp. water
optional: coconut

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Using a tablespoon measurment, scoop out dough and form into balls. Refrigerate for 1 hour before eating, then keep refrigerated.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

sarah said...

Thanks for sharing! Totally going to make these!!! I asked my sister about her ideas and she is going to get me some of her favs. I'll pass them along!

Troy said...

This is Bobbie Jo:
I LOVE YOUR POSTS!!!!
we are homeschooling this year adn I wish we lived closer to you and your family. I think of you so often!

Sending love,
Bobbie Jo

The family Z said...

Bobbie,
I miss you! I'm so thankful that you keep up with the blog, I wish we could see each other more often. If and when we are in town again (probably around Christmas) can we try to get together?

Jenni said...

Looks yummy... and I have all the ingredients except the milk. :)