Sunday, June 08, 2008

Storm Front

We've had a weekend of crazy weather. Thunderstorms, hail, tornadoes and flash floods have all gone through our area over the last two days and the forecast for this week doesn't look much better. Dan took this picture tonight just minutes before we got hit with thunderstorms again. He emailed it to a local TV news station, we are waiting for the 10 o'clock news to see if it's featured!

It certainly isn't hard to see God's handiwork in the fury of the storm. Even though this weather can be dangerous, I always pause to thank Him for such beautiful signs of His power. No matter what happens in the storm, I know Whose hand controls every cloud.

12 comments:

sarah said...

Amazing picture Donette! Eric and I were headed home from IA and trying to outrun them the whole way. By God's grace we managed too! We saw many amazing
(and scary when in a car) on the way home!

sara said...

OH MY WORD! That is a great picture! I am sure they used it on the news!

Crazy Mom said...

Wow! That is an amazing picture!

Missy said...

Beautiful! Did it make the news?

Donette said...

Due to lack of planning, we only sent the picture to one TV station, and it happened to be the local ABC affiliate who was showing the NBA finals. So the news was on late, and we couldn't stay up late enough to watch it! So unless it wins an award, we will probably never know! ;)

Karen said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm....did a Rebel XTi take that picture? I am jealous!

Great photo!

Jen Essington said...

That is one awesome picture, Donette!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, that is awesome!!! I was very sad - I was at work every day, so I was unable to watch the storms. Isn't God's power and majesty awesome?!

Sarah said...

That is a really cool picture. I am not excited about storms, but they have always reminded me of the awesome power of our God though. I love to watch them---from inside. :-)

Troy said...

You words have lifted my spirit like they so often did years ago. I enjoy reading your blog...every entry. Although we do not talk, I feel like I am part of your life. Sorry i don't have a blog too.
~Bobbie Jo

girlie girl said...

Amazing picture!

Anonymous said...

Amazing shot!